Today I am going to be whipping a super, simple dessert that is great for an afternoon pick me up as that’s when we get those naughty cravings, or in a simple, post-supper dessert.
It’s guilt-free, totally tasty, packed with anti-oxidants to fight free-radicals that cause accelerated and lifestyle illnesses as well as it’s packed with healthy fats that help remove unwanted fat that we don’t want and toxins that are built up on out bodies
You will need:
- one avocado
- a generous sprinkle of the deep-red pomegranate seeds
- two tablespoons of organic cacao
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- a drizzle of pure organic maple syrup
- a little less than a cup of almond milk for sweetness
Tip: if you want it a little bit sweeter you can use a small banana instead of the avocado but I like the fattiness and the richness that it gives you. You can also buy the pomegranate seeds already seeded.
Make sure the avocado is nice and soft as if it’s not too ripe it will be a very hard decadent mousse dessert 😉
- You will need a Vitamix or food blender. Chop the avocado, then add the cacao and two tablespoons of the almond milk and blitz and blend until it’s smooth!
- You will get a pudding kind of texture, pour into a ramekin: you can get two servings depending on the avocado (and how hungry you are!) or you can double up the amount for more people.
- Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and cinnamon and add a little drizzle of maple syrup if you are a sweet person
My pome-avocado mousse is a great way to satisfy that simple sweet craving but in a healthy way, with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. And you are left feeling satisfied, instead of wanting more 🙂
Eating pomegranates can decrease the risk of heart attacks and strokes
Cacao helps you get shiny hair, strong nails and take care of your liver and pancreas. It’s one of the biggest, most potent antioxidants on the planet and it helps with depression, elevates your mood. If you have a generous dose with your smoothie in the morning, you’ll be flying and oh so happy!
Cinnamon is good for your circulatory system